Pet Sales Contract
Date of Sale:_________________________________
Description of kitten/cat #1
Date of Birth___________________________________________
Description of kitten/cat#2
Date of Birth:__________________________________________
This kitten/cat is being purchased as a pet for $_______________
Deposit of $___________________________________________
Payments of $__________________________________________
Balance of $___________________________________________
Vaccinations and Exams:_________________________________
Next Vaccination Due:___________________________________
Kitten/cat being fed:____________________________________
Condition of the Sale
- Included in the price of your kitten are two to two or three visits to the vet with all there shots and deworming, the neuter or spay and Health Certificate if they are crossing state lines. A $300.00 non refundable deposit is required to hold your kitten.
2. Seller guarantees that this kitten is healthy to the best of her knowledge.
3. It is important to us to feel comfortable with the placement of each and every kitten, so we reserve the right to refuse the sale of a kitten at anytime and for any reason.
4. Buyer has 72 hours to take the kitten to the vet for a health exam. If any health concerns are found, the buyer may return kitten within 72 hours with explanation from the attending vet. No medical or travel charges will be refunded.
5. Under no circumstances will the FIP vaccine be administered to this cat, and doing so will void any and all health guarantees on this cat.
6. During the first 72 hours, the kitten should be isolated from any other pets and monitored for health, eating, litter box usage and activity level.
7. The seller is not responsible for any injury or illness to other pets caused by exposure to this kitten.
8. Under no circumstances will this kitten/cat be sold, loaned or given away to any pet store, research laboratory, breeding mill or similar facility.
9. If for some reason you find that you need to re-home your kitten/cat, you are responsible to find a suitable home OR give it back to me for NO REFUND if you wish, OR I will assist to re-home your kitten from your home.
10. This kitten/cat will be kept indoors and not be allowed to roam freely outdoors.
11. Under NO circumstances will this cat ever be declawed or allowed to undergo a surgical procedure known as tendonectomy. Due to the psychological trauma involved, allowing either of these procedures will immediately void any and all guarantees and absolve the Breeder of any responsibility related to the health of this cat. Buyer acknowledges that both procedures constitute animal cruelty and that allowing either procedure will lead to the events outlined in restriction #14 below in which ownership is relinquished with no compensation to the Buyer.
12. If the kitten/cat dies within two years of life due to an inherited genetic disease, buyer must inform seller and provide a necropsy from a certified veterinarian. Seller will then replace said kitten with one of equal or better quality when one becomes available. Accidental deaths and other problems will not be covered. All of my breeders are tested and are -/- for HCM. Your kitten will not develop the inherited gene C820T, however the causes of HCM is multifactorial which means your Ragdoll may contact HCM at some point during it’s life spam as there are many forms and causes.
13. The buyer is obligated to keep kitten/cat indoors, provide fresh food and water, a clean litter box that is scooped out at least every other day, a scratching post and all vaccinations up to date.
14. Should this cat ever be found malnourished, neglected, abandoned, or abused or if anyone in the Buyers household is ever charged with animal cruelty related to any animal, Buyer will immediately relinquish ownership of the cat including all veterinary records and registration papers to the Breeder, with no compensation from the Breeder.
15. In the event that your kitten goes home without being spayed or neutered, I agree to get the surgery done before the kitten is 7 months old. I agree to send verification that the surgery has been completed to the breeder. If no verification is sent to the breeder or the surgery was not done, I may be charged the cost of a breeder and you will not receive breeding rights.
I agree to the above contract.
Signature of Buyer
Signature of Seller